This Page

has been moved to new address

What are your Creative Intentions?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Evelyn McCorristin Peters: What are your Creative Intentions?

Evelyn McCorristin Peters

Fine art for everyone

8.02.2010

What are your Creative Intentions?




I've been asking myself this question a lot lately. What motivates me to create? Some say that art is their life, they simply have to create. Not for me. I get a bit antsy if it's been a while, but I get along okay. Some do it for a living. I've done that, worked as a scenic artist for Ringling Brothers...if you have to have a job it was a great one!

Others create to fulfill a personal need or to help fulfill the lives of others, two very noble causes. It does fulfill me, and I do like to share, but I still don't feel like these are my motivations.

Right now I think I am creating because I am and have been so tired of the "Big Box" concept of life. Everything seems so much the same. This has become so clear with the current economy. There aren't any companies out there MAKING something, it's all about service. If the country doesn't start actually creating things besides "apps" we are going down a very slippery slope! Don't get me wrong, I really like "apps" but there just has to be more to life.

So right now I create to provide a difference, to help in some small way to provide variety. I search for different ways to make what I create accessible to all. I think if we all focus, are not afraid to be different, and create, we will all be better off for it. Spread individuality...life can be incredibly interesting if you just open up and jump in and that jump is always exhilarating!

What and why are you creating right now? I would really love to know...







ShareThis

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chloe said...

I'm creating a couple of different things. For one, a body of writing about the craft traditions of the American south and, (what I hope turns out to be) a series of knitted stoles and wraps for my etsy shop. I think I create because I'm a sharer (is that a word? it is now!)I like to put things out into the world and bring about a discussion. I believe the world gets smaller when we speak to each other's hearts through art, literature, poetry, and craft.

August 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much Angela for taking the time to read and comment. Yes you are a terrific "sharer!" Your sharing has inspired me to try and get a bit more personal here...not my strong point! Great insight on the world getting smaller through our sharing. It's a good thing to try to bring us all a bit closer together.

August 4, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, please let me know what you think!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home